1. For the promotion of cinematography in Greece, cultural decentralization and the diffusion of the Greek short films, the 43rd NATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL in DRAMA is organized by the “CULTURAL ORGANIZATION-SHORT FILM FESTIVAL in DRAMA” from 20 to 26 September 2020 in the city of Drama.
2. The films which will participate in the contest of the National Short Film Festival in Drama must meet the following requirements:
a) No public screening of the film should have taken place in Greece or the Internet, prior to the screenings in Drama.
b) The films must have been completed within the year 2019 or 2020.
c) The final screening copy must be available in DPC, Apple ProRes 422, H264 or MPEG4.
d) The films must have a greek production or co-production, or the director should be Greek or Greek-Cypriot.
Films made by a Greek or a Greek-Cypriot director but shot outside Greece and which are not a greek production or co-production participate in the category ‘Greeks of the World”.
e) Each director is entitled to participate in the Festival with only one film and has to state the genre and the special category in which they compete (Greeks of the World).
f) Acceptable genres: fiction, documentary, animation, experimental films.
g) A film cannot be submitted if it has already been through the preliminary contest in the past and has been rejected.
3. Entry form
a) The Application form, the delivery of the pre-selection material, and a digital copy of the film are to be submitted digitally by 15th June 2020.
From the moment that the application of participation and the pre-selection material have been submitted and the film has been selected, it cannot be withdrawn by the director or the producer for whatever reason (objection to the screening order etc.).
b) Procedure and conditions concerning material delivery for selection.
The director or the producer should submit digitally by 15th June 2020 :
1. The application form with all the mandatory item fields filled in.
2. A private link of the film for the pre – selection (a secure / password protected link with a download option which has to be available up until the results of the committee are announced).
3. At least one (1) photo from the film and one (1) photo of the director in digital form (300dpi).
c. Acceptance of the terms and conditions.
The submission of the application of participation in the Festival in Drama automatically entails the unreserved acceptance of this Regulation and constitutes a Solemn Declaration for the accuracy of the submitted data (crew identity, category statement, technical data-check).
4. PRE-SELECTION COMMITTEE
a) The selection of the films is made by the Pre-selection Committee, presided over by the Artistic Director, who appoints its other members. Films which have not been selected for the competition section are not screened in it.
b) The screening of the film in a cinema, TV channel, Festival or the Internet before or during the Festival is forbidden, except for the Festival’s scheduled screenings.