Results of selecting projects for the Pitching LAB 2022
We are very pleased that the Pitching Lab received numerous projects (fiction, animation and doc) this year, and, as has been the case in recent years, the rapporteurs had a very difficult time choosing the final projects that will participate in the three-day Workshop and the Pitching Forum.
This year, the main features of all the projects from all corners of the world that has suffered after two years of pandemic, are the anxiety for survival, the spread of an implicit violence, identity and gender issues, the rights of excluded groups, living with an illness or disability, tolerance of diversity, and the coming of age, in a colourful and unpredictable planet.
From Peru and Nepal, to Kazakhstan, Taiwan, the Philippines, Portugal and Finland, our souls were filled with the images that young filmmakers want to narrate. All these unknown original subjects that we never realized that exist in different corners of the Earth, have made us richer. Unfortunately, among this explosion of colours and ideas, we could only choose 16 of the 117 proposals that were sent to us, yearning for communication and creation.
The Greek creators, with their plurality of projects, ambitious productions and a wide variety of themes, won a special place this year.
The Pitching Forum, in response to the Greek market needs, will try through the shortlisted projects to assist the selected Greek projects that will participate in the Lab this year to communicate with other festivals and forums abroad, contributing to the extroversion and the encouragement of co-producers.
For this reason, in addition to the projects that will come to Drama, the Forum will choose 5 more Greek projects that will be able to participate in a development workshop, which will take place within the framework of the two-day “Drama Festival in Athens” September 17-18 , in the Greek Film Archive. We will announce details soon as well as the schedule of our new workshop, which we hope will become a small institution- “landmark in Athens” for the Pitching Lab and Forum.
DISFF Educational Program Manager
- War Hero by Perttu Inkilä, Scriptwriter & Director -FICTION, FINLAND
- #bagets rider FREE HD by Lester Cristal, Scriptwriter & Director –FICTION, THE PHILIPPINES
- The weight of Air by Carlos Ormeño Palma, Director & Producer –FICTION, PERU
- All Souls Day by Amanda Costa de Sousa, Scriptwriter & Director –FICTION, HUNGARY
- Aftermath by Dino Jacovides, Scriptwriter & Director –FICTION, UK
- ATHENS WILL BURN by Panos Kordas, Scriptwriter & Director –FICTION, GREECE
- Summer of Goodbyes by Minsho Limbu, Scriptwriter & Director –FICTION, NEPAL
- Back to Paternal Home by Thanasis Megalopoulos and Stratis Chatzielenoudas, Scriptwriters & Directors –ANIMATION, GREECE
- Tavern of Shadows by İlyas Soner Yıldırım, Scriptwriter, Director & Producer –FICTION, TURKEY
- Good Friday by Loukia Tzortzopoulou, Scriptwriter & Director –ANIMATION, GREECE
- One Wayby Antonis Boubas, Scriptwriter –FICTION, GREECE
- The Beast Who Walks Like a man by Marina Siotou and Zoe Sigalou, Scriptwriters & Nikos Kolioukos – Director –FICTION, GREECE
- Three Comma Fourteen by Joana Nogueira and Patrícia Rodrigues, Scriptwriters & Directors -ANIMATION, PORTUGAL
- Hag / Didimokorfo by Achilleas Gatsopoulos, Scriptwriter & Director –FICTION, GERMANY / GREECE
- Impromptu by Maya Vitkova-Kosev, Scriptwriter, Director & Producer -FICTION, BULGARIA
- Cleaning Day by Alexandros Romanos Lizardos, Scriptwriter & Director –FICTION, GREECE
- The Girl and the Well by Anngelica-Marie Eshesimua, Scriptwriter & Director –FICTION, U.S.A. (Out of competition). The winner of the Pitching LAB 2019 (Finos Film award) on the occasion of her coming to the screening in the DISFF tribute of Pitching LAB films, will participate as an audience out of competition.