Τhe International Competition Programme of the 46th DISFF
The artistic director of the Drama Film Festival Yannis Sakaridis, and the President of the Festival Georgios Demertzis, are happy to announce those who have been nominated for the International Competition Programme of the 46th edition of the Drama Film Festival, which will be held this year on September 4-10.
*This year’s DISFF International Competition programme includes 20 films from all over the world. 5 Greek films are competing:
Super by Nikolas Kouloglou, Unorthodox by Konstantinos Antopoulos, Ready by Eirini Vianelli, Midnight Skin by Manolis Mavris and Light Of Light by Neritan Zinxhiria.
We remind you that the film that will receive the highest award of the International Competition (as will be the case from now on with the film that will receive the Golden Dionysus Award in the National Competition too), will automatically ensure the much coveted “ticket” to participate in the Oscar® procedure.
This year too, the team of the International Competition Programme, led by Head Programmer, Yorgos Zois, brings you films from as many as thirteen countries from around the world. A selection of shorts that stood out at international festivals, as well as captivating world premieres. It is a cluster of films that dare to experiment and playfully fuse different filmic styles and tones, delivering a wealth of narrative forms blending reality with fiction, personal stories with collective memories. These films are made on the alluring components of a poignant arthouse cinema, which gives them their distinct identity: as such, we believe they must be supported and screened to audiences, like a form of resistance that bolsters thinking and reaches the depth of our emotions.
WHO WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION PROGRAMME – 2023 DISFF46
- The Open House, Julieta Lasarte
- Aqueronte, Manuel Muñoz Rivas
- The Way Winter Comes, Zichen Wang
- The Blind, Michiel Robberecht
- Super, Nikolas Kouloglou
- Same Old, Lloyd Lee Choi
- Hold On For Dear Life, Simone Fiorentino
- Unorthodox, Konstantinos Antonopoulos
- Apostles of Cinema, Darragh Amelia, Gertrude Malizana, Jesse Gerard Moango, Cece Mlay
- Light Of Light, Neritan Zinxhiria
- Offline, Daniel Fure Schwarz, Mauritz Brekke Solberg
- Teacups, Alec Green, Finbar Watson
- Ready, Eirini Vianelli
- Ulises, Félix Brixel
- Midnight Skin, Manolis Mavris
- Les chenilles, Michelle Keserwany, Noel Keserwany
- The Silence Of The Banana Trees, Eneos Çarka
- The River and the Labyrinth, Ian Capillé
- Bed Days, Tatiana Ramos
- The Age Of Innocence, Maximilian Bungarten
The jury of the International Competition Programme consists of:
Eva Stefani (President), director, Philip Ilson, artistic director of the London Film Festival, and Marie–Pauline Mollaret, head of short film selection committee in Cannes / film critic.