CULTURAL ORGANISATION - SHORT FILM FESTIVAL IN DRAMA
MINISTRY OF CULTURE AND SPORTS - MUNICIPALITY OF DRAMA
CALL FOR ENTRIESPITCHING WORKSHOP – PITCHING FORUM
Drama Mini talent Lab
(18 – 22 Σεπτεμβρίου 2017)
DEADLINE for submissions: 15th May 2017
For the 4th consecutive year, in the context of the Educational Platform DRAMA MINI TALENT LAB, the Festival in Drama runs the DRAMA PITCHING LAB workshop on presentation and pitching techniques to directors / producers.
1. PITCHING WORKSHOP: Young filmmakers and producers will participate in training sessions and learn how to present a project for a short film [no longer than 20’ for fiction and animation and no longer than 30' for documentary] to producers and secure potential funding.
a. The deadline for entries is the 15th May 2017. The projects should be submitted by email.
b. A pre-selection committee will select 10 projects. Announcement of selected projects will be posted at the site of the festival by Monday 10th June the latest.
c. The directors – producers of the selected projects will be presented in Drama where they will attend improvement courses of their plans and presentation techniques in their scripts during the lab.
2. PITCHING FORUM
On Friday 22nd September a PITCHING FORUM will be held in order that the selected projects will be present to potential producers/funders. The presentations will take place before an audience and the directors will be asked to answer questions regarding their Project.
Α special screening will be held of the films that were completed by ideas and scripts that were awarded or stood above previous pitching lab.
-Greek Film Centre Award: The GFC funds the production of the best project
-Finos Film Award: Finos Films grants a cash prize to the best project
Please note that the workshop will be conducted in english. The projects can be submitted either in greek or in english
'Drama Pitching Lab' Conductor: BARBARA DUKAS
WE INVITE THOSE DIRECTORS OR PRODUCERS INTERESTED TO SEND THE FOLLOWING:
• A one page synopsis of the script for a short fiction film (of any genre including animation) that is no longer than 20 minutes duration, or for a documentary no longer than 30 minutes.
• A one-page director's proposal which will also include the script's premise, genre, and any possible antecedents that may be referred to as an influence or inspiration for the project. (References to influences or sources may be added as hyperlinks.) The proposal should be concluded with a short logline.
• A scene breakdown (with added dialogue if applicable).
• A short C.V. of the director and/or producer of no more than 200 words, which may be accompanied by references to previous works.
Optional Submission Documents
• If available, any audiovisual material that can help support the idea may be attached to the director's proposal (i.e., photos of locations, works of art, pictures of actors or people for a possible casting, storyboard, sketches, posters, as well as links to video, music etc.)
• If the script has already been written, a treatment of no longer than 2 pages may also be submitted.
Please note that all the submission material along with the contact information (address, phone and mail required) must be sent together in a single Word or PDF file by Monday 15th May to the following email addresses
Acceptance onto the Pitch Lab program will be considered based on the quality, originality, and dramatic viability of the script, the applicant's motivation for wishing to participate, and the overall quality and promise of the material submitted.